Thursday 18 May 2017

If I were you, I would study hard for the exam: 2nd Conditional

http://www.englisch-hilfen.de/en/grammar/if_i_were_you.htm

If I Were a Rich Man
Dear God, you made many, many poor people.
I realize, of course, that it's no shame to be poor
But it's no great honor, either.
So what would have been so terrible if I had a small fortune?
If I were a rich man,
Daidle deedle daidle
Daidle daidle deedle daidle dumb
All day long I'd biddy-biddy-bum
If I were a wealthy man
I wouldn't have to work hard,
Daidle deedle daidle
Daidle daidle deedle daidle dumb
If I were a biddy-biddy rich,
Daidle deedle daidle daidle man
I'd build a big tall house with rooms by the dozen
Right in the middle of the town,
A fine tin roof with real wooden floors below.
There would be one long staircase just going up
And one even longer coming down,
And one more leading nowhere, just for show.

No comments:

Post a Comment